Monday, June 18, 2012

Parkour

A year ago my sister-in-law suggested Tristan try parkour.  I googled parkour and discovered this whole sub culture of super athletic street runners who were able to do amazing jumps and moves through city streets, up walls, over rooftops and so on.  What better sport for a child who loves to innovate and throw his body through space.

Alas I couldn't find a place for children to do this nearby.  

Until now.



Fairfield Sports Complex has a new parkour gym, where kids can go everyday to practice.  They have a 30 minute skills class and then the children have 30 minutes to run wild (and that they do!) Jeremy, the American Ninja teaches there.  It is well supervised by "cool" coaches and the class is mainly young boys (7-9 year olds), who were nice.

The head coach saw what Tristan could do and put him in the advanced group.  "That boy is explosive" he said. 


It is an extremely cool place.   Tristan is in heaven.  He is the blur!




Now he is on one of the trampolines.  I am hoping that I am doing the right thing.





2 comments:

  1. For some reason I can't get the pictures to load. I will keep trying! I adore that facility in Fairfield. When the girls go rock climbing they come home exhausted from using both their body and their mind. I hope to allow them more time to pursue this activity this summer and throughout next year. I bet Grace would LOVE to try this with Tristan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is Kaya's dream! He watches is on youtube all the time! When do you go? Email me! Kaya is looking at these pictures begging to go with T...I am so excited for him!

    ReplyDelete